Premier Napa Valley month offer, Stony Hill Magnum sæt.Sold OutSale
1 sæt bestående af 1 Magnum 2013 Stony Hill Cabernet og 1 Magnum 2015 Stony Hill Chardonnay
- Our 2015 PNV Chardonnay is dry-farmed on northeast-facing slopes high on Spring Mountain
- Reflects our tradition of letting the fruit from the vines and the minerality from the soils characterize the wine
- 100% estate grown Chardonnay
- A restrained wine with a crisp acidity, balancing the luscious Chardonnay fruit flavors
This rare expression of Napa Valley winemaking is one of only 60 bottles that will ever be made. Think of it as a bit of Napa Valley history in your cellar and celebrated in a glass with friends and family. Your Premiere Napa Valley Chardonnay beautifully reflects Stony Hill’s tradition of letting the fruit from the vines and the minerality from the soils characterize their wines. This 100% estate grown Chardonnay was dry-farmed on the northeast-facing slopes high on Spring Mountain. The quality of Stony Hill’s 2015 Chardonnay fruit was spectacular, resulting in a restrained wine with a crisp acidity, balancing the luscious Chardonnay fruit flavors, redolent of apple, pear and citrus, with a stony minerality. It has a bright acidity for structure and ageability, and a nice grip on the finish.
- 2013 marked Mike Chelini’s 40th year as winemaker at Stony Hill Vineyard
- From our Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard on a sunny, southwest-facing slope high up on Spring Mountain
- 98% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Merlot
- A lighter, more restrained, lower alcohol, old-school style of wine
In 2004 we planted five acres of Cabernet Sauvignon high up on Spring Mountain. The southwest facing slope we chose has lots of sun and deep, rich loamy soils which make a perfect environment for growing this iconic grape. Our special barrel lot of 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon represents our fifth vintage of red wine after 60 years of white winemaking only. Its style is what you would expect from Stony Hill: restrained, low in alcohol with moderate tannins. It is a perfect food wine and is made to age. Mike Chelini has been making our Stony Hill wines, including Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Riesling, Semillon and now our elegant 2013 Cabernet for 40 years, always remaining true to the lighter, more Old World style established by founders Eleanor and Fred McCrea back in 1952.
- Single vineyard wine
- Sustainably produced
- Wine is 100% estate grown and bottled